[lbo-talk] health care reform = revolution?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Aug 5 08:37:25 PDT 2005

Gary? writes:

> for that he gets lifetime full health care, not just for
> the duration of his employment. and that most probably
> includes state pension.

I'm not saying it's not comprehensive, I'm just saying that it's not cheap. The point was about how low some dollar amount was, and it's not nearly that low. That's all I'm saying (and that's all I said!). It's a decent program, it's one way of doing it, but again: it's not cheap.

Did you read the original post? I bet you didn't. So: please read the original post. I'll even summarize it for you, but please: read it. Read it for comprehension. The guy said that his dad and wife pay $1400 for what they get. They pay much much more.

-----

Let's have this conversation instead:

"I had a fantastic steak last night at a 4 star

restaurant, and it was only $3!"

"Well no, it wasn't $3, it was more like $45"

cue to you ...

"You can't get this kind of steak at McDonalds, it had terrific marbling, came with some duck-fat french fries, wow, so great! And it probably came with ketchup!"

"Uh, whatever, but it wasn't $3."

<groan>

/jordan