[lbo-talk] Cop Killer Bullets

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 5 13:30:56 PDT 2005

Jordan Hayes wrote:

>http://www.engineersedge.com/finishing/teflon_coatings.htm
>
>Note the last, uh, bullet. I'd reproduce it here, but there's special
>JavaScript on that page that intends to prevent cut/paste.

Man, you got a wussy browser!

* Amongst many other industrial applications, Teflon is used to coat certain types of hardened, armour-piercing bullets, so as to reduce the amount of wear on the firearm's rifling. These are often mistakenly referred to as "cop-killer" bullets on account of Teflon's supposed ability to ease a bullet's passage through bullet-proof armour. Any armour-piercing effect is, however, purely a function of the bullet's velocity and rigidity rather than a property of Teflon.