[lbo-talk] Re: Wikipedia silliness continues

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Aug 6 11:50:22 PDT 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I put in my two cents in support of an entry about your work:
>
> Keep. Chuck has been covered by the New York Times, the Washington
> Post, and other major publications, because of his leadership among
> anti-corporate globalization activists and expertise in social movement
> organizing. Just delete irrelevant personal info, and retain an entry
> about his political work and writing. YF 16:24 6 August 2005 (UTC)

Thanks Yoshie!

> Does my "vote" count at wikipedia? I haven't created a user page for
> myself there.

Wikipedia is lacking in entries on activists and leaders in the radical left. For example, Wikipedia has no entry on Leslie Cagan. I know that I've called for a boycott (in my typical hyperbolic fashion), but if you want to contribute to Wikipedia, there is a lack of stuff about leftists and radicals. There are also other open enyclopedia projects which could use more help. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us can correct all of the garbage stinking up Horowitz's "Discover the Network."

Chuck