[lbo-talk] Re: Wikipedia silliness continues

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Aug 6 09:31:51 PDT 2005

> My ability to post anything to Wikipedia has been frozen until Sunday.
> Now it appears that some editors have to decided to further punish me
> for being harassed by nominating the page about me, and pages about
> projects I work on, for complete deletion from Wikipedia!
>
> If you support me and my work, please post something on the following
> page asking Wikipedia to retain pages:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion/Chuck_Munson
>
> Several people have posted comments that falsely claim that I use
> these
> pages for publicity. I *didn't* create these pages. It's also
> ridiculous
> for people to claim that I am "non-notable", as I have done plenty of
> things over the years which eventually netted me profiles in the New
> York Times, Washington Post, and the Kansas City Star. If I was
> interested in my own vanity and self-promotion, I could have added
> much
> more to the Wikipedia entry about me. Like a good librarian and humble
> guy, I've been waiting for a friend or comrade to add more content to
> the page about me. I can provide biographical information about my
> activities and accomplishments to anybody who wants to expand that
> Wikipedia entry.
>
> This is so fucking petty and stupid!
>
> Chuck

I put in my two cents in support of an entry about your work:

Keep. Chuck has been covered by the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other major publications, because of his leadership among anti-corporate globalization activists and expertise in social movement organizing. Just delete irrelevant personal info, and retain an entry about his political work and writing. YF 16:24 6 August 2005 (UTC)

Does my "vote" count at wikipedia? I haven't created a user page for myself there.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>