[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:16:58 PDT 2005

Alex Jones is not a 'racist'. His position on immigration is a policy position that one can disagree with or not, but it is shared by many Latinos and blacks (many of whom voted for Prop. 187 in California). There is also nothing wrong with featuring an associate of Lyndon Larouche on KPFA - or even Eric Hufsmid himself. The posting on the Globalreasearch website merely shows that the host of that site supports free speech. You are entitled to your view of Webster Tarpley and Alex Jones as 'unsavory characters' it is not a view that many share. Issues of 'credibilty' within the 9-11 universe' as you put it (which presemably would include anybody who has any kind of opinion about or experience of 9-11) lie simply with the strength of whatever evidence people present - not with the individual affiliations.

You might want to take up the Larouche issue with current Pacifica (Interim) Executive Director Ambrose Lane, who has interviewed Lyndon Larouche at least a couple of times. (see below)

Joe W.

___________

http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/interviews_files/2004/0401002_lyn_ambrose_lane_wpfw.htm

LYNDON LAROUCHE INTERVIEW WITH AMBROSE LANE WPFW-PACIFICA October 1, 2004

AMBROSE LANE: Good morning. I'm Ambrose Lane Sr. And on the phone with us is our special guest today, none other than Lyndon LaRouche. Good morning, Mr. LaRouche.

LAROUCHE: Good morning to you.

LANE: You know, I guess you watched that debate that last night too. But what I'd like for you to do, is to help educate our listeners. You have often referred to these neo-cons as Straussians. Tell our listeners what you mean by that.

LAROUCHE: Well, you had fascist movement which erupted in Germany, of course, as we know, prior to Hitler. And during this period you had a leftwing and a rightwing so-called fascism. Part of it was on the Jewish question, that is, people like Hannah Arendt and so forth, who were really rightwing fascists, or leftwing fascists, were Jewish, and therefore they were not too enthusiastic about Hitler.

In the process, you had a fellow in Marburg, Germany, the northern part of the state of Hessen, who was sponsored by the guy who was actually a key man in Nazi law, Carl Schmitt. Carl Schmitt gave this fellow Leo Strauss a boost, support, for going into England and subsequently the United States, and at a later point, Strauss, in turn, when he was a professor at the University of Chicago, intervened on behalf of Carl Schmitt. Now, Carl Schmitt was the architect of Nazi law. He was the one who designed the concept of law under which Hitler became, and maintained, a dictatorship.

So essentially, that Strauss was a fascist, but he was a Jewish fascist, not a rightwing Nazi fascist.

So, what he taught at the University of Chicago, where he was appointed by Bertrand Russell to a superprofessorship, and what he had taught in a sense earlier, in New York City, was actually a rationalization for fascism, which was an attack on Plato. What he did essentially is he ... you take the case of Plato's great Republic, and you have three characters in there who Plato has debate. These are real historical characters, and what Plato represents them to be, is what they were in real life. Socrates, Thrasymachus, the embodiment of evill, and then Glaucon, who in actually was a cousin of sorts of Plato, and not necessarily a good guy.

So what Strauss represents is the defense of Thrasymachus, who is the most evil figure from the Greek side, in the famous wars, the Peloponnesian Wars, and represents him as the hero of the republic.

Now what you have is, in the neo-cons today, under the influence of Strauss and people like Leo Strauss, what you have, for example, Wolfowitz is a perfect example of that -- what you have is therefore, people who are rationalizing, lying about Plato, by saying the true hero of Plato's Republic is Thrasymachus. This is the man who conducted the worst phase, the most brutal face, of the Peloponnesian War. And essentially, what these fellows represent, in that, they do represent that in practice. What we have in government today, in the neo-cons, is precisely a modernistic echo of the evil Thrasymachus, who was actually an evil figure of the later phase of the Peloponnesian war.

LANE: And a number of neo-cons surrounding George W. Bush are adherents to the Straussian doctrine of fascism.

LAROUCHE: Exactly. And Bush himself, to the extent he understands it, and I think one cannot assume that Bush understands the words he's using. He does have a passion, and a sort of a mean-spirited passion, behind his expression of words, but we find that he uses words in a way which does not correspond even to a rather student dictionary. So, you can't... Bush's intention is not always clear. His intention is mean. He's somewhat mentally disturbed, as the famous book now, Justin Frank's book, indicates, but one can't say too much about Bush's belief, except it's pretty nasty. Whether he understands the neo-cons, I doubt that Bush is intellectually capable of understanding what the neo-cons are saying.