[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 8 13:19:26 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 09:16 -0700, Joseph Wanzala wrote:
> Alex Jones is not a 'racist'. His position on immigration is a policy

Not racist? Why does he publish anti-semitic shit like http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_fortman.html (check the last couple of paragraphs)? Or, on the immigration issue, stuff like http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_newsom.html and http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_hall_030503_immigration.html (the second of which quotes, at length, racist British tabloid The Sun), about how immigrants pose a danger

[snip]
> shows that the host of that site supports free speech. You are entitled to
> your view of Webster Tarpley and Alex Jones as 'unsavory characters' it is
> not a view that many share. Issues of 'credibilty' within the 9-11 universe'

Well, that's doubtless true, but only because very few people know who Alex Jones is. I hope, at least, that if he were better known, most people would be able to spot him for what he is: a fascist. I'm not using that term as a mindless insult - the combination of nationalism, populism and conspiracy theory that you find at infowars.org and prisonplanet.com has a great deal in common with traditional fascism. The invocation of cosmopolitan elites against whom the plain people of the nation must defend themselves is a very unpleasant pattern of argument.

-- "The first procedure of a philosophy ought to be | Tim

to expel things from consciousness and to | http://huh.34sp.com/

reestablish its true connection with the world." |

-- Sartre |