[lbo-talk] Unofficial de-Baathification process in Iraq Continues

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 15:08:57 PDT 2005

--- Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I read some excerpts of his philosophic writings in
> the NY Times once. They
> struck me as childish.

I could recount some excerpts of Marx where he sounds like a moron too. As far as I understand things (and I have never read JP2's phenomenological writings myself), he was no dummy, though obviously following a Catholic line.

BTW I studied philosophy in grad school (dissertation on Heidegger and Arendt never completed) at a Catholic university and the Thomists there were generally hostile to JP2's thought. They often viewed phenomenology as a dangerous innovation.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs