[lbo-talk] Unofficial de-Baathification process in Iraq Continues

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:25:52 PDT 2005

I think it's a mistake to dismiss the thought of any world leader (J2P2, Dubya, etc.) as stupid or childish. I thinks some Dems hurt their own cause by calling their nemesis stupid: people who liked him thought that it implied that they were stupid, too.

In any event, it's not the individual but the faction of capital (the alliances, etc.) that matters.

On 8/8/05, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I could recount some excerpts of Marx where he sounds
> like a moron too. As far as I understand things (and I
> have never read JP2's phenomenological writings
> myself), he was no dummy, though obviously following a
> Catholic line.
-- Jim Devine "Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists." -- John Kenneth Galbraith