[lbo-talk] Re: factchecking the gay Iranian teens story

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 10 06:14:45 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Gary writes:

> There is an effort to demonise Iran at the moment and I would
have thought that that atmosphere would demand close scrutiny of sensational 'news' reports.

Islamic Penal Law has the folowing:

A) Male homosexuality Sodomy is a crime, for which both partners are punished. The punishment is death if the participants are adults, of sound mind and consenting; the method of execution is for the Shari'a judge to decide. A non-adult who engages in consensual sodomy is subject to a punishment of 74 lashes. (Articles 108 -- 113)

Sodomy is proved either if a person confesses four times to having committed sodomy or by the testimony of four righteous men. Testimony of women alone or together with a man does not prove sodomy. (Articles 114 -- 119).

http://www.globalgayz.com/g-iran.html

Those who behave like demons cannot complain when they are demonized. If they want the demonization to cease, then they should change their behavior. I realize this is quite a leap for anti-queer leftists to make, but queer issues make demands on us all.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister