[lbo-talk] Re: factchecking the gay Iranian teens story

Gary? slade.g at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:46:26 PDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Brian Charles Dauth <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Those who behave like demons cannot complain when they are demonized. If
> they want the demonization to cease, then they should change their behavior.
> I realize this is quite a leap for anti-queer leftists to make, but queer
> issues make demands on us all.

attitudes like yours inflame rather than help. Demonise a country , alienate it, isolate it, invade it to save itself. Would you say the US is a 24/7 heaven for gays, is there not discrimination and violence against gays, wasn;t it fairly recently that homosexuals were denied the opportunity to be psychologists because being gay was looked on as an aberration.?Haven't we seen homosexuality used as an excuse for murder ? There are many things we disagree with that are normal in other countries but the idea is that we try to come together as common people and resolve our conflicts and embrace our differences.The respect for Civil Rights is a continuing battle here as well as there.. We should be aware of and attempt to change these things but pay attention when incidents are deliberately exploited.

Gary? ride si sapis