[lbo-talk] "Hard Left" in cattle country

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 10 12:14:55 PDT 2005

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the local newspaper this morning. In the "From The Legislature" editorial (by Tom Fletcher), in an article titled "Canada Goes to Pot", he opens with, "The forces of anti-Americanism are in full-throat after the arrest of BC Marijuana leader Marc Emery to stand trial in Seattle for selling seeds by mail-order. The hard left in Kamloops (yes, there is one) sees the sinister hand of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney at work. In a letter to Kamloops This Week, Gary Williams muses that Canadian General Rick Hillier's recent Donald Rumsfeld-style talk* about whacking terrorists may be part of a pattern with this sudden crack down on pot. He writes, 'Indeed, I have to seriously wonder if Hillier, Defence Minister Bill Graham and the RCMP are now taking their directions from Washington.'"

*In fact, I had said Rumsfeld-style "bluster".

Gary Williams

--

Gary Williams

Prohibition Funds Terrorism ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://mycos.blogspot.com