[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on India: wrong? (was, U.N. seeks aid...)

Cseniornyc at aol.com Cseniornyc at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 14:05:53 PDT 2005

Ulhas:

I am simply questioning the popular Leftwing idea that capitalist development in the "Third World" Comment: I think that among grown ups it doesn't pay to talk about "capitalism " in such general terms. The question these days is about what kind of capitalism: neo-lib capitalism the kind the US and the IMF are trying to push on the rest of the world, dirigiste capitalism as as in Japan and most of SE Asia, state capitalism as in China, welfare social capitalism as in most of Europe? Cristobal Senior -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050810/faefc52d/attachment.htm>