[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on India: wrong? (was, U.N. seeks aid...)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 14:30:40 PDT 2005

--- Cseniornyc at aol.com wrote:

> Ulhas:
>
> I am simply questioning the popular Leftwing idea
> that capitalist
> development in
> the "Third World"
> Comment: I think that among grown ups it doesn't
> pay to talk about
> "capitalism " in such general terms.

I think part of the issue is that a lot of people on a certain mailing list Ulhas used to subscribe to that I shall not name do in fact talk about "capitalism" in such terms, as do a very large number of people in Anglo-American self-professed Leninist groupescules. ("Very large" here being defined in terms of their Internet presence, not their membership, since you could probably fit the entire membership into a high-school gym.)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!