[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on India: wrong? (was, U.N. seeks aid...)

ravi lbo at kreise.org
Thu Aug 11 07:32:44 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

> It's almost as if some people would have prefered
> universal poverty and collapse for the Russian
> population so they could see their theories validated.
> ;) You would think the 50% drop in poverty under Putin
> would have been something to applaud or at least take
> note of.

ack, don't go there (and force me to respond with the old cliche about the trains running on time under mussoulini)... the US right likes to say: the left would prefer american troop deaths and more iraqi bombings so they could see their theories validated. they are wrong of course (not that i speak for the left, but burden of proof, etc...).

--ravi