[lbo-talk] Colombia Unearthing Plight of Its 'Disappeared'

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 11 08:38:30 PDT 2005

Cseniornyc at aol.com wrote:

>Thanks for posting this article on the brutal class war that has
>been raging in Colombia for the last thirty years, at least. But as
>usual this kind of news doesn't attract much attention in this list,
>despite that his is a US supported war under the Plan Colombia
>approved by the Clinton Congress and in which the US has spent 4
>billion so far.

So post stuff. Tell us what's important. It's always annoying when people say "I'm disappointed that no one has brought up...." Bring it up yourself. It's a free for all. Why expect someone else to bring it up first?

And as bad as what's going on in Colombia is, Iraq is always going to attract more attention. It's one of the most important things happening in the world right now. When time and attention are limited, some things are going to get overlooked.

Doug