[lbo-talk] Who Owns Your Work?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 11 09:06:14 PDT 2005

Gar wrote:

> On 8/10/05, snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > At 11:56 PM 8/10/2005, tfast at yorku.ca wrote:
> > >Yah but the kicker is that the consumption trend is up per
> household over the
> > >same period (I will get the stats if you want). The reason for
> increased
> > >consumption seems to be more hours of paid labour being supplied
> per household
> > >and higher consumer debt levels. Ah credit, the real opiate of
> the masses.
> >

> > credit cards are paying for my attorney! I'm not knocking them. i
> wish we
> > had more. but hey, if it's assymetrical warfare, what do i have
> to lose,
> > right? if the goal is to wipe me out, and that seems patently
> obvious
> > now.... you get the picture.

> Hi Kelly. One thought occurred to me. Have you gone to the major
> blogs that deal with such issues - Copyfight and such? If they
> gave you a link you might get additional support and donations.

I can't say that mrzine.org is the most popular thing on the Net (I wish I could), but I want to have someone who knows about copyright issues write about Kelley's lawsuit, raising the question of Who Owns Your Work, with a link to Kelley's paypal account? So, Kelley, if you are interested and think that can help (or your attorney thinks that's more a plus than a minus [too much politicization?]), let me know offlist (email me at yoshie at monthlyreview.org).

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>