[lbo-talk] Who Owns Your Work?)

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 16:06:02 PDT 2005

At 12:06 PM 8/11/2005, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I can't say that mrzine.org is the most popular thing on the Net (I
>wish I could), but I want to have someone who knows about copyright
>issues write about Kelley's lawsuit, raising the question of Who Owns
>Your Work, with a link to Kelley's paypal account? So, Kelley, if
>you are interested and think that can help (or your attorney thinks
>that's more a plus than a minus [too much politicization?]), let me
>know offlist (email me at yoshie at monthlyreview.org).

Thank you very much Yoshie. It's a very, very sweet thing to offer and I love you for it.

I have no idea what to do because, in my phone meeting, the attorney was down to brass tacks. We just found out yesterday that the first complaint, which we never saw but paid to get copies of, was actually claiming violation of the Patriot Act and two executive orders.

So, hey, if you don't hear from me once a week or so, I may just be in the Fed Pen somewhere.

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin