[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 11 15:49:02 PDT 2005

Jim Devine wrote:

> > >My take on 9-11 is that it was an instance of blowback perpetrated
> > >by angry people of color from the colonies.
>
> Doug:
> > Isn't it interesting that the conspiracists can't admit that Arabs
> > could plan 9/11? It just had to be the great white fathers,
> > orchestrating all.
>
> Hmm... it's like organized crime in a lot of movies these days. The
> thugs are Black, but the masterminds are White.

My response when conspiracy theories re 9/11 first appeared was that they were essentially racist, for the reason Doug gives. The same kind of racist thought gave emotive thrust to the Rosenberg case: how could those stupid Russian peasants make an A-bomb all by themselves. (Anti-semitism was also involved, but I think the "stupid peasants" sterotype was the primary factor.)

Carrol