[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:43:43 PDT 2005

No one (except Doug and you Carrol and I think Chuck) has argued that the accused (all conveniently dead) could not have carried of the attacks because they were Arabs. This incidentally was also part of Ward Churchill's 'Roosting Chickens' formulation.

It is not a question of questioning the ability of 'race' to carry out the attacks. It is a matter of the Bush administration providing proof that the accused are infact guilty.

For you and Doug and others to pass judgment on the alleged hijackers without any fair adjudication of the facts is in fact more reminiscent of a racist lynch mob mentality. Indeed, the Bush administration relied on anti-Arab (or anti-Third World) racism to cultivate support for the 'reliatory' military attacks on Afghanistan - without any evidence that there was any link between the attacks and that country (and even if there was evidence it was racist to decide that the only way to 'deal with' the accused country was to bomb innocent non-white people) and then subsequently on Iraq. Indeed, anti-Arab racism and myopia accounts not only for the ease with which the lies about Iraq's alleged involvement in 9-11 were spread and believed, but also the excesses of the Patriot Act which has targeted mainly Arab Americans.

A key element of racism historically has been a presumption of guilt - as charged, of people unable to defend themselves, and a tendency to give people in power a free pass.

Progressive people should be demanding to KNOW precisely HOW these attacks were carried out and for there to be a fair adjudication. The 9-11 Commission was not a court of law, it was a gang of political spin doctors. How is it racist to say, give the accused a fair trial? (the ones who are not already dead that is)

Questioning 9-11 does not mean saying that Arab people were not involved. What is does do is wonder - how could they have carried this out, not matter how smart they are, without some kind of assistance

It is one thing to give a race of people credit for being 'smart' - it is another thing - indeed racist to give them credit for being supernaturally, even diabolically smart - smart enough to somehow compel US security personell to monitor their comings and goings and watch them hatch their plan apparently without intervening - as reported the other day in the New York Times. Do they have the powers of hypnosis? All you people are always going on about antisemitism, isn't a key element of anti-semitism the idea that Jews are not just 'smart' - but perculiarly smart?

So the idea that questioning the official story is racist is preposterous. The official story is itself part of the White Supremacist agenda as articulated by the Project for a New American Century.

Joe W.