Re: [lbo-talk] UK teen’s 7 month-wait ends with 5-hour surgery in Delhi hospital

Gary? slade.g at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 07:28:29 PDT 2005

On 8/13/05, Sujeet Bhatt <sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=143586
>
> UK teen's 7 month-wait ends with 5-hour surgery in city hospital

> "The surgery went well. Better than what we expected," Dr Gulati said.
> The success is significant as Anil K Maini, president, corporate
> development at Indraprastha Apollo, puts it: "As media is covering it,
> the success of the surgery would get more patients to India."

does India need more patients? There aren't enough sick and injured Indians ? The NHS had quoted the worst case scenario to Mrs Knott, as is normal, better to say the wait is ten weeks and get surgery in five . I've had family members at the shitty end of the NHS and it needs sorting but this is a load of bollocks. How much of this can be thrown at the feet of Thatcher, when are we going to learn ? My brother in law had emphysema, he wasn't sick enough to be operated on, when he was deemed sick enough he was too weak for the op and died. Two years ago my mother was knocked down by an off duty traffic cop, on a crossing, only after she was moved to a different hospital after two weeks did she find out the source of the strange smell, the dressing on her head wound hadn't been changed and was turning gangrenous, it was caught just in time, there was still road dirt in her hair. Now the NHS is trying to entice foreign doctors , Spain has a surfeit, but once again we may have to go to Pakistan/India ,Eastern Europe and why ? Having sais all that my Father in law who has cancer is getting absolutely fantastic treatment

Gary? ride si sapis