[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on India: wrong? (was, U.N. seeks aid...)

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Aug 13 15:41:44 PDT 2005

KJ wrote:

>I'm not on PEN-L -- can barely keep up with LBO-Talk -- and would
>appreciate if you sent me the stuff you posted. TIA.

I will respond to the rest of the post little later, but links I had posted on PEN-L on 24 July 2004 are given below. These cover suicides in Andhra Pradesh. The reports about suicides_in parts_ of Karnataka and Maharashtra appeared in the media subsequently. Frontline's editorial line is also "pro-CPM" in the very broad sense of the term. Please note that Chandrababu Naidu's Telgu Desam Party was _a close ally of Commmunist Parties_ for many years upto 1999.

Ulhas

Fronline, 19 June-2 July 2004:

(i) Interview: CPIM Secretary for Andhra Pradesh, B.V.Raghavalu http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2113/stories/20040702006201900.htm

(ii) Other Frontline articles on farmers' suicides in Andhra Pradesh http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2113/fl211300.htm