[lbo-talk] the World Can't Wait

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Aug 15 09:56:16 PDT 2005

Jim Devine:

Clip- We have to realize that a lot of people do not see the current regime as fascist.

^^^^^^ CB: A lot of people don't even see the current regime as bad.

A lot of people didn't see the Fascist and Nazi regimes as bad. That's how they became so powerful.

One thing left activists do is try to persuade a lot of people to think differently about the political situation, to change their way of thinking , not change our way of thinking to the way a lot of people are thinking wrong.

^^^^^^ here are the top definitions that a web-search produces for the word "fascism" (from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&oi=defmore&q=define:Fascism):

^^^^^ CB: None of these definitions seems to make classes central to the definition. A definition of fascism that does not make class conflict central is not worth much to leftists.