[lbo-talk] query: Cindy Sheehan

philion at stolaf.edu philion at stolaf.edu
Tue Aug 16 10:58:46 PDT 2005

Yoshie wrote: I don't think that Cindy Sheehan has ever been pro-Bush or even neutral. She says that she's been a lifelong Democrat, and she didn't vote for Bush either, according to her interviews. It appears, though, that she had kept her views relatively quiet till her son's death, and she passed up her opportunity to confront Bush with questionings at the meeting that Bush arranged with her, her family, and other military families whose children got killed in Iraq, because she probably deferred to her husband's opinion. Her husband is now divorcing her. The Cindy Sheehan story is a feminist story.

--true, she's been critical of the war from the start, as was her son evidently. I believe her husband and children have been supportive of her opposition to the war or at least are antiwar also. is the divorce related to her activism?

steve

Stephen Philion http://stephenphilion.efoliomn2.com/index.asp