[lbo-talk] the World Can't Wait

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:21:48 PDT 2005

> Cseniornyc at aol.com wrote:
>
> Charles Brown makes some good points here. Again, it calls my
> attention that in some left circles there is this careful, almost
> polite and deferential use of strong political terms.

The objection is not to "strong political terms"; the objection is to incorrect terms which obscure rather than reveal the real horrors of capitalism. Charles's insistence on the word "fascism" is actually, though I have never found the way to make this clear to him, a _cover-up_ of capitalism. The slovenly use of the term "fascism" amounts to almost deliberate blindness to how horrible and repressive even the _best_ capitalism is.

Carrol