[lbo-talk] article idea

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 05:21:33 PDT 2005

On 8/18/05, John Lacny <jlacny at earthlink.net> wrote:`

> I was reading the Washington Post this morning, and these assholes were irritatingly described as "Israeli settlers." How many of them are even Israeli? In the very same article they describe some wackjob screeching at the soldiers in "New York-accented English."

A friend of mine (who is Jewish and pro-Israel, although in as moderate a way as I think one could possibly be) visited a West Bank settlement a few years ago, to see a friend of hers who was staying with relatives there. She calls it "America Lite" and says that over half its population is from North America.