[lbo-talk] article idea

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:48:10 PDT 2005

On Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:21 AM [PDT], Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> A friend of mine (who is Jewish and pro-Israel, although in as
> moderate a way as I think one could possibly be) visited a West Bank
> settlement a few years ago, to see a friend of hers who was staying
> with relatives there. She calls it "America Lite" and says that over
> half its population is from North America.

I'm not going to reiterate the similarity to what some of the US foreign policy makers(specifically, but not exclusively neo-fas... cons), would love to happen in Iraq...

Replace the indigenous Iraqis with a new improved westernized variant.

It's not genocide/ethnocide if you leave the ethnicity intact and only obliterate the historic/traditional culture and social structures... Right?

http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/ethnocide.htm

Leigh www.leighm.net