[lbo-talk] article idea

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 18 05:23:55 PDT 2005

I like the perceptive and principled POV about the Gaza pullout posted by a German contributor to Louis Proyect's Marxmail list, as follows:

"...I am not in favor of ethnically pure territories. I have in principle nothing against Jews living in Gaza or whereever in the world.

The state of Israel should not forcibly remove them from where they chose to live.

They should simply have done three things:

1. dismantle the fortifications of the settlements (not the houses)

2. disarm the settlers

3. withdraw all armed forces and police from the Gaza strip and thus hand over the administrative authority over _all_ people and places in Gaza strip to the Palestinian Authority.

The same applies to the settlements in Westbank.

Those who are not prepared to see other human beings as equals would have left...quietly without all the hullaballoo which is staged now.

...I rejoice with the Palestinian Arabs that the resistance and Intifada over the years has made these colonies untenable and that the state of Israel has, with gnashing teeth, come to the decision to dismantle at least these.

But I would have liked another way."

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Lacny" <jlacny at earthlink.net> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:54 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] article idea