[lbo-talk] Re: Yobs in uniform

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Aug 19 12:26:56 PDT 2005

> Brian Dauth
> Queer Buddhist Resister:
> Well, considering the fact that the police are already so threatening to
> the people, I think it is entirely justified to fear giving even more
power
> to them.
>
> Can the training ever get so precise . . .
>
> and the conditions under which deadly force may be used ever
> articulated with such accuracy . . .
>
> and the quality of women and men employed in law enforcement of
> such consistent high quality . . .
>
> that the people can ever stop worrying about the threat the police
> represents to the people?

Brian, if I considered myself a "Queer Buddhist Resister" or member of any other unpopular minority group, I would be praying every day that the women and men employed have all the powers and qualifications to protect me when the angry mob come to get me. The thin blue line is the only thing that separates queers - or for that matter cranks of various stripes, such as myself - from mob violence.

Wojtek