[lbo-talk] Defining Conservatism Down

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 22 13:04:20 PDT 2005

Chip Berlet wrote:

>The answer is yes, that would make more sense, but the huge voting
>base of the Christian Right in alliance with the Neocons and
>militarists is trumping Wall Street right now. The Rockefeller
>Republicans are eclipsed.

According to the WSJ story I posted earlier, Mark Lanier, the lawyer who beat the pants off Merck, has political ambitions. He's a conservative Republican and Baptist preacher - and an ace litigator who's an enemy of the tort reform crowd. He could provoke some interesting splits between the business and the Jesus Republicans.

Doug