[lbo-talk] Re: Lanier v Merck: masterful lawyering

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 23 09:53:28 PDT 2005

Dear List:

jks writes:

> In my contrarian mode, I really do think that that
Pharma is in a way overregulated, too much delay in introduction of new drugs that are considered safe and are wide available elsewhere. I believe in strong and clear warning requirements imposed on Pharma and the Drs, and letting grownups make their own decisions.

That was part of what ACT UP fought for. Drug decisions should be in the hands of the patients, not the bureaucrats. All the long-term suvivors/non-progressors I know are people who took control of their lives and their drug regimens, instead of meekly following the state's prescribed path of death.

But without the convoluted process we have, where would all these lobbyists and bureaucrats and hangers-on find work?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister