[lbo-talk] Re: AIDS in Russia

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 23 16:22:50 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Chris asks:

> Hey, is HIV/AIDS still considered a "gay" disease in
the States?

I don't think so. It is very off the radar for most people. I would say it is considered a disease of the Other -- queers; drug users; blacks; hispanics.

> AFAIK, zero people have died of AIDS in Russia so far,
though the HIV infection rate is rising fast.

After all this time and we still do not know the the incubation period for AIDS. Hopefully, a low death means people are taking care of themselves and not that the virus is just mutating, wakiting to spring forth.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister