[lbo-talk] American hit parade

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 08:23:30 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>Gee, maybe they should parachute in world-famous author, physiologist,
>>evolutionary biologist and biogeographer Jared Diamond -- friend of
>>indigenous peoples and Fortune 500 CEOs alike -- to act as peacemaker.
>>Diamond is a huge admirer of Chevron:
>
>Ah yes, the most pressing problem of our time is the ideological
>unsoundness of Jared Diamond. I love a bracing set of priorities.

Whereas I love a bracing set of forced binaries! Jared Diamond, are you fer him or agin' him?

I have nowhere ID'd Diamond as "the most pressing problem of our time." I just view him as another useful idiot -- pardonnez-moi, I should say "pliable polymath" -- in the service of Corporate America.

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>
>Carl:
> > <http://www.counterpunch.org/proyect05092005.html>
>
>Anything coming "from the desk of" Lou Proyect is not worth the paper on
>which it is printed. By publishing his delusional rants, Counter Punch
>stooped lower than tabloids. The latter claim to be nothing more than low
>brow entertainment, the former pretends to be serious.

I'll put you down as "undecided."

Carl