[lbo-talk] KPFA Update

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:54:04 PDT 2005

Depending on what morning you are referring to, this information may not yet have been public so I don't know that its omission would necessarily show bias. A court might still find, independently of the LSB findings that the complaints against the GM were valid. It really depends on how the evidence is framed and/or presented, what people testify to etc. Courts as you know can also be more aggressive about obtaining confidential information and/or compelling people to testify - our powers in that regard were/are limited. However, given the way information flows informally, I would not be surprised if the news department was unofficially aware of the LSB's findings. (also, we did not 'absolve' Mr. Campanella, we just did not find that the complaints warranted his being terminated)

Having said that, I do think that the constant on-air appeals to listeners to go to www.kpfaworker.org are disingenous, as is the site itself. The site states that the LSB 'ignored' Dan Siegel's recommendation. This is untrue. In fact, This is not true. We recieved his report, considered it, interviewed him about his findings, and cross referenced the information he furnished us with other information we had obtained - including Roy Campanella's own response to Dan Siegel's report. All this was factored into our final individual decisions to vote the way we did.

Joe W.