[lbo-talk] Not a technophobe

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:11:30 PDT 2005

On 8/24/05, Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No one is a technophobe -- not even people whose self-image is built
> upon opposition to technology.

Back when I was an editor of the REVIEW OF RADICAL POLITICAL ECONOMICS, someone submitted an article arguing that the production of an economic surplus -- i.e., producing beyond physical subsistence -- was a bad thing. Because of the anonymity of submitting authors, I don't know if it was Ted K the Unabomber -- or not.

-- Jim Devine "living a life of quiet desperation -- but always with style!"