[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful transition from sugar economy

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 00:07:45 PDT 2005

You keep bringing that up, but you know there are solutions....lik getting more people to stoop for a shorter amount of time. You know, taking turns to do hard/dangerous work. I wouldn't mind picking up trash, cleaning toilets, stooping for strawberries,....so long as the burden was shared and necessary.

I mean, obviously you need to work in order to eat. And no, I don't believe, anyone is "above" that for any reason other than illness or decrepitude.

Joanna