[lbo-talk] Inventor Kawakami Kenji says....

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 26 06:40:28 PDT 2005

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/GH26Dh01.html

"I despise materialism and how everything is turned into a commodity," said the 57-year-old inventor, while chugging on the first of an endless supply of cigarettes. "Things that should belong to everyone are patented and turned into private property. I've never registered a patent and I never will because the world of patents is dirty, full of greed and competition."

"I think my things show us our stupid obsession in Japan and America with making life as easy as we can with a new thing. Everybody has the ability to create. We just have to free our imaginations. The problem is that this society destroys our ability to think. We have to get this ability back."

Thought, most of you would like that one.

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** Apes....descend from men? Some of us though so; but it is not exactly that. Apes and men are two separate branches that have evolved from a point in common but in different directions....

P. Boulle, "Planet of the Apes."

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal