[lbo-talk] free Cindy Sheehan!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:28:07 PDT 2005

On Friday, August 26, 2005 7:34 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I've heard from a couple of sources now that Fenton Communications,
> the "progressive" PR outfit that's handling Cindy Sheehan's
> publicity, is keeping the press away from her, apparently because
> she's given to making intemperately strong statements of the sort
> that embarrasses publicists. They're only allowing organized press
> conferences, and not individual interviews.
>
> Free Cindy Sheehan!

Assuming this is true, a positive outcome would depend on whether she can as strongly apply her personality to this issue as she's applied her self to the demand to meet GWB. Which insinuates that her energy toward her goal would be diverted, drained, just confronting the situation, and within the gaze of the media, which would feed on the story like sharks.

But given the directness of the naming of names here, I'd say someone has a personal problem with Fenton Communications.

And it's probably not Cindy Sheehan.

Just a little gnawing feeling at the back of my brainpan say it's all probably B.S., or Cindy Sheehan is aware of it and it's not a problem for her, but it might be for other interested parties.

Including the media. When's the last time anyone we know was "ratpacked" by the national & international media in full feeding frenzy. Without Fenton, and people like them, Cindy Sheehan would be psychologically raped by AP/CNN/Reuters stringers and other assorted parasitic vermin that prey on: "celebrities".

Travus T. Hipp Commentary [ August 22 2005 ]: Critiquing Camp Casey: There are two forces in the universe - One that gets it together, and one that takes it apart http://www.snurl.com/tth_050822 [ Mp3 Audio 64Kbps Mono 2.2mb 4:46min ]

Leigh www.leighm.net