[lbo-talk] free Cindy Sheehan!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Aug 26 10:02:03 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:
> I've heard from a couple of sources now that Fenton Communications, the
> "progressive" PR outfit that's handling Cindy Sheehan's publicity, is
> keeping the press away from her, apparently because she's given to
> making intemperately strong statements of the sort that embarrasses
> publicists. They're only allowing organized press conferences, and not
> individual interviews.

Fenton isn't the only PR firm involved. I have one friend who has been in Crawford for several weeks, working for another PR firm.

I agree with Doug. That PR firm should get the hell out of Dodge. What may have been gained by Sheehan's simple, effective protest, is going to be ruined because of the liberal and anti-war circus that has grown up around her. Just watch as the Democrats and the opportunistic peace movement crowd screw the pooch.

Sheehan's protest will only pack a punch when she is surrounded by other military moms and a minimal support staff. Everything else is a circus which will be used by the right wing ass clowns to marginalize Sheehan and the peace movement.

And keep that clown Al Sharpton out of Texas!

Chuck