[lbo-talk] lbo, a den of right-wingers?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 23:37:05 PDT 2005

Guest wrote:

>>I posted something to the effect that my taiwanese
>>neighbor's vegetarian, organic, all natural, pesticide
>>free diet of grains and green veggies and little else
>>stunted her growth, and that is absolutely true.

How do you know? Her growth/height may have been affected by genetics, dearth of food during "growth" periods, childhood illness, and other factors.

>>don't think I made any claims about vegetarian diets
>>generally, though I in fact I do suspect they're no
>>good for you unless you're super careful.

Why do you suspect that? Also, is being tall better than being short?

There is no question that there is a relation between health/nutrition/height, but Americans who have "benefitted" the most from agribusiness are getting shorter. And that's a fact. Good New Yorker article on the subject about a year ago.

Joanna