[lbo-talk] Cuba's painful transition from sugar economy

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:48:33 PDT 2005

On 8/27/05, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote: <snip>
> Michael is correct, however, about the hazards of farm machinery & in
> particular about the horrors of applying pesticides. The machinery has
> probably become safer in the years since I did farm work, but I am
> sceptical about pesticides ever becoming safe for the work force.
>
> Carrol

I would agree about pesticides in large quantities. I suspect that very small quantities of the less powerful pesticides could be applied in a way that minimized the danger to workers.

-- Please note: Personal messages should be sent to [garlpublic] followed by the [at] sign with isp of [comcast], then [dot] and then an extension of net