[lbo-talk] Vegetarianism

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Aug 28 14:49:00 PDT 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Chris Doss wrote:

> If you bite a living head of broccoli and you bite a
> living chicken, don't you think you get different reactions?
>
> Nu, zayats, pogodi!

I guess it's an epistemological problem: how do you know? Perhaps plants are "sentient" in a way that we can't understand. It just seems anthropomorphic: if the reactions are not like humans' reactions, then it's okay to kill things. What is intrinsically better about animal life than plant life? (Again, I'm not trying to be facetious, I just don't get it.)

Miles