[lbo-talk] Vegetarianism

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 13:23:45 PDT 2005

heh. a couple of years ago, I splurged for my birthday and bought lobsters. Sonshine ran to tell his buds about the live lobsters. So,as they traipsed in and out to peer at the lobsters and try to get them to snap at them, I told them that, if you listened carefully, you could hear them squeaking "Help me, help me" as they were cooking.

"Used to hear them every night at the restaurant where D's dad used to work, we did. Roger Dodger, the dishman, used to go over to the steamer and talk to them as they were going. He did, that he did."

Wide-eyed, those poor kids believed it and they all wanted to be there to listen. So, I let them. I think a couple of them still think they heard lobsters squealing to their death.

I saw that flick, oh dang what was it? I used to say it was metaphor for old capitalism v. new.... the one with Alec Baldwin and Anthony Hopkins, stranded in the wilds of Alaska. Baldwin is new, image-based, greedy, make,money,fast capitalism. Hopkins is old, "respectable," plodding, "you should make stuff, real stuff, son" capitalism....

Best scene: they're trying to trap a squirrel while and you're just rooting for them to catch that dang squirrel. They do, but then have to run like the dickens because the man eating bear is after them again. Makes you stop and say, "hmmmmmmmmmm".

Is it ok to poke oysters to make them produce pearls? :p

Kelley