[lbo-talk] FW: Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg-press 2000 x .707 pounds!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:57:57 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:23 AM [PDT], Liza Featherstone <lfeather at panix.com> wrote:

> I've been away from the list for a while, due to technical problems
> and general overload. So, apologies if this has already been shared...
>
> Liza
>
> ----------
>

> http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.asp
>
> HEALTH
> Pat Robertson's Age-Defying Shake
>
> Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg-press 2000 pounds! How does
> he do it?

A leg press is 45 degrees, that's 2000 x .707 = 1414.

I'm 5'2" 150lbs 52years. Two years ago, when I was working out regularly, I could kick up 1000... once, 750 12X, and twice my bodyweight all day long if I had the compulsion.

Further, If I WERE kicking up 1000lbs on the leg press regularly, I'd probably have more scar tissue in my legs than muscle... "Maxxing out" isn't intended to build muscle, it's a benchmark.

yawn... Pat's a wus.

My pill regime consisted of a good multivitamin, and a dietary level intake of creatine, a naturally occuring amino that mildly suppresses lactic acid development in the muscle tissue, for a couple of extra "reps", and I believe also allows for increased oxygen transfer from the blood to the tissue.

Abused, it causes water retention which makes you look like you are bulking up.... but you're really swelling up.

I've occasionally thought that creatine might be therapeutic for certain cardio-pulmonary problems, but I couldn't(wouldn't) state that for a certainty

Leigh www.leighm.net