[lbo-talk] morning humor

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Dec 1 07:28:09 PST 2005

<http://www.gawker.com/news/daily-show/jon-stewarts-hilarious-funny-gay-jokes-140255.php>

Jon Stewart's Hilarious 'Funny Gay Jokes'

READ MORE: DAILY SHOW, GAYS, NEW JERSEY Not to step on Fishbowl's toes too much here, but did you catch The Daily Show last night? The middle-of-show taped bit was a Jason Jones segment on New Jersey's recent search for a new state motto. ("We'll win you over," for which a marketing firm charged $280,000, was deemed unacceptable.)

Correspondent Jones interviewed acting N.J. Gov. Richard Codey, the man behind the search, and briefly confused him with his predecessor, Gay American Jim McGreevey. Learning that Codey was not, in fact, the gay governor, Jones glanced with dismay at a sheet of notes - "Funny Gay Jokes" was the headline - and then tossed them away.

Thing is, if you pause your TiVo at the right moment, you can easily read that list of "Funny Gay Jokes." So, of course, we did. What are they?

Our service to readers with inferior remote-controlling finger dexterity awaits after the jump.

Funny Gay Jokes

1. Two gay guys were in the shower together when one looked down and saw a puddle of white liquid. He said to the other man, What did I tell you about farting in the shower?

2. Did you hear about the two homosexual judges? The kept trying each other.

3. How can you make a gay man scream twice? **** [redaction Comedy Central's] him real hard. Then wipe your dick off on his curtains.

4. Why did the little Greek boy run away from home? He didn't like the way he was being reared.

5. Why do so many gays have moustaches? To hide the stretch marks.

The funniest part? We wouldn't make those jokes - well, at least not No. 1 - here on some silly blog. The Daily Show, on basic cable? No problem.

Pushing boundaries every day, that Jon Stewart.