[lbo-talk] Honor Killing and Domestic Violence in Germany

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Dec 4 13:46:31 PST 2005

> [lbo-talk] Disgusting aspects of religious practice....Mike Ballard
> swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au Sat Dec 3 03:27:53 PST 2005
<snip>
> In Germany, Muslims grow apart
> By Peter Schneider The New York Times
> FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2005
<snip>
> Before the murder of [Hatun] Surucu, there were enough warnings to
> engage the Germans in a debate about the parallel society growing
> in their midst. There have been 49 known "honor crimes," most
> involving female victims, during the past nine years, including 16
> in Berlin alone.

"49 known 'honor crimes," most involving female victims, during the past nine years." How does this statistic compare with the incidence of domestic violence that results in murders committed by non-Muslim German men?

> I am normally against the death penality but these honor killings
> really get under my skin. They should round up their entire
> families and shoot them (since it is the family which orders the
> murder to begin with) or at the very least the head male of the
> clan (and deport the rest).
>
> Jim Davis
> Ozark Bioregion, USA

You mean including women and children in the "clan"? How does that help them?

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>