[lbo-talk] Natwar Singh quits over Iraq oil scandal

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Tue Dec 6 13:24:45 PST 2005

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-12-06T233958Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-226675-2.xml

Natwar Singh quits over Iraq oil scandal Tue Dec 6, 2005 11:52 PM IST172

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's suspended foreign minister, Natwar Singh, quit the cabinet on Tuesday amid unrelenting pressure from opposition groups over his role in Iraq's oil-for-food scandal.

Singh said although he was innocent, he had decided to resign as opposition parties had stalled parliament over the issue and blocked important legislative business.

Singh was stripped of his post last month but remained in the cabinet as a minister without portfolio after being named in the Volcker report on irregularities in the United Nations programme for Iraq.

<...>

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!