[lbo-talk] A One-State Solution

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 6 14:35:34 PST 2005

Michael Hirsch wrote:

> Yoshie is wrong, I think, to continue advocating for
> a unitary state because it cannot happen. Efforts to make it so only
> play against efforts to establish two homelands.

What leftists in the u.s. argue for will not affect events in Palestine at this time. To ignore this fact is to fall into sandbox politics. But what we argue for in Palestine _will_ have an effect on the consciousness of "the american left" (when such an entity comes into being), and hence may have an impact on future national and world politics.

What effect will it have on the consciousness of american leftists to argue that we should be realistic and support what is going to happen anyhow whether we support it or not?

Carrol