[lbo-talk] Toys for Dems Drive

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Wed Dec 7 14:59:46 PST 2005

Michael Hoover wrote:
>teen pregnancy rates haven't changed much for decades have
>they

<http://www.agi-usa.org/pubs/teen_stats.html> pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15-19 1972 95.1 1990 116.9 2000 83.6 <<<<<>>>>>

and i'm sure that some social scientists found above to be statistically significant...

some folks might consider rate of unwed mothers, so- called illegitimacy -- the woman, the woman is to blame, back off promiscuous wench, get thee behind me satan -- to be more important matter...

btw: i read something from guttmacher institute some years ago indicating that *older* the male is, *more* likely that teenage woman's first sexual intercourse experience would result in pregnancy...

in any event, my parents' generation precedes oldest year just a little bit, so allow me to rephrase what i wrote, make it for a century or more in socially significant ways rather than decades in statistically significant ones...

for example, my granddad was 10 years older than my grandmother, my hunch is that their situation was more common back then than it is now... mh

-------------------------------------------------------------- Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.