[lbo-talk] Porn: By Men for Men

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 7 22:54:30 PST 2005

Kelley wrote:

> i'm sorry? Which shows cater to women that don't peddle just as
> much demeaning bullshit as the average porn video?

I'm sure there is a lot of BS on TV as in porn, but there is far more gender equality in TV consumption pattern than porn consumption pattern, so presumably BS on TV is more fun for women than BS in porn. If women enjoyed porn as much as they do TV, presumably they would spend more time on it, though they would still spend a little less than men do, since men have more money and leisure. I don't think we should go in a state of denial about the fact that some cultural products are just too sexist to appeal to women.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>