[lbo-talk] War Pornography

Travis Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Dec 8 00:27:11 PST 2005

boddi satva wrote:

>For those of you say there are no innate gender differences, do you
>really think that a matriarchal society would engage in all this merry
>blowing up of people with rockets, bombs and artillery and making
>videos of hacking people's heads off with knives? Seriously, maybe
>women have more capacity for cruelty than our patriarchal society
>allows them to express but somehow I think the beheading video and
>white phosphorous shell would not come from the minds of women.

I dunno Xena was a pretty violent womyn, mind you that was because some dudes burnt her village and killed her parents . And of course in a matriarchy that would never have happened. So Xena's violence must be a function of patriarchy by definition.

Boddi what would you consider to be an adequate refutation of the argument you have presented above? Is one even possible. If not, that is indication that you are trading in dogma or false taughtologies.

Travis